Saturday, November 17, 2012

Harvest Party and fun

Grayson's "Harvest Party" at school was Friday.  I was able to sneak away for a few minutes to go watch his class sing their song and do a quick craft with him. I was worried he may be upset when I had to leave, but he was only worried about whether or not he'd get one of his turkey cookies to eat at their "feast" that mommy made for his class. :)  Here he is ready to sing his song for the parents!



Although he chases Bailey, our cat, all over the house and tackles her... he sure does love his kitty.  Here he's sitting in front of the laundry room door where she was at for a time out since she peed on the floor.  He had let her out prior to this picture so when I put her back in there he informed me that Bailey wanted to come play.  Since I wouldn't let her out again, he decided to keep her company by sitting at her door while he ate his sandwich.


Ryley is everywhere these days!  He is figuring out how to get up the stairs pretty well so Grayson and I have been "battling" this week about whether or not the gate on the stairs has to stay closed.  Grayson prefers to keep it unlatched of course to make it easy for himself, while mommy keeps telling him no.  This week has definitely been a test for us!  He thinks he can be the boss and mommy is losing patience!  



Below are some of the things from school this week to share with Daddy! :)

Turkey sugar cookies for the party





His finished "donut" he made with Daddy at "Donuts with Dads" at
school the week before Daddy left.
 And some bath time pictures from this evening! :)




Will is doing well.  He arrived in Kandahar a few days ago and will be there for a little bit.  He hasn't been able to hook up to a wifi network yet so the only time he gets the chance to email is when he is able to use a computer there at the base.  We were able to skype with him at the beginning of the week when he was still in Manas and I got a call from him last night.  He's already working non-stop it seems like and is tired.  If you send any emails to say hello, don't take it personally if he doesn't respond! :)    

Daddy, we love you and miss you lots!  I posted a couple of funny remarks from Grayson today on Facebook.  I'm sharing them here too so Will can see them.  While the kid is testing my patience, he sure has some interesting things going on in his head! 

-He's been commenting a lot when it gets dark and asking me why it has to get dark.  I keep telling him that it's because God made Day and Night.  Every time he says "No.... God made the rainbow!"  At least he's remembering the story of Noah!  the Creation Story.... not so much I guess! 

-Grayson told me in the car I couldn't sing to his songs. I told him I was teaching Ryley the words. He informed me that mommy isn't plowed to teach Ryley to sing, only Ms. Allison and sometimes Ms. Denise could. (his two preschool teachers). Soooooo, I guess Grayson is bringing his brother to class now too!

-When saying prayers Grayson was telling me that "God keeps us safe. He keeps daddy safe, mommy, grayson, ryley safe. He keeps us safe from GIANTS too!" I asked him if he had learned about David and Goliath this week at school. "uh huh... yeah.... and he keep us safe from alliagtors and monkeys too! Keep Daddy safe and moses safe too! i wuv you jesus...AMEN!" Warms my heart to hear him remember things from the bible... however, I am curious if they really did talk about david and goliath this week or if he just randomly thought about giants during prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment