Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas morning

Christmas morning Grayson did a great job sleeping till his normal time.  However, this time he went to his door and instead of sitting there knocking saying "I want out... I want out... I want out!"  he hung out at the door singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" until Daddy came to get him. :)  It was a very nice way to wake up!  As he came down the stairs, I was sitting on the couch with the stockings all on the floor.  He went to follow after Daddy for his milk when he did a double take and realized there were stockings there.  He ran over and started looking in them.  He had a great time seeing what Santa brought him for Christmas.  He got lots of cars and small trucks which prolonged the process of emptying the stocking.  He'd want to play with each one as he pulled it out.  








Santa also brought him a Pez dispenser.  This is not something that he's ever  had or seen before that I know of, but he knew right away that the candy was supposed to go inside and he could get it!  He then spent the next couple minutes eating the candy and not too interested in opening any presents yet.  :)


He had a great time opening his presents this year and thankfully had only had about 6 things to open so it went quickly and he was happy to be able to play with everything.  




We had a wonderful apple nut ring for breakfast after opening presents.  This is a tradition for my family to eat on Christmas morning.  It turned out a lot better this year than last year in Arizona.  I think mainly due to the fact that it was hard to bake a lot of things in Arizona due to altitude and climate.  Even Will commented on how yummy it was this year!  Grayson even ate a bit of it with some scrambled eggs.  :)  After breakfast we went to church and then hung out for the afternoon before Will's friend, Jake, came over for dinner.  I got Will to tone it down this time and not make so many things to eat... unlike Thanksgiving.  We had a delicious ham with green bean casserole, deviled eggs, and homemade mac n' cheese.  We sent a good helping home with Jake and had just a good portion left over in the fridge.  

It was a great Christmas at home!  We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment