Grayson and I worked on making Christmas cookies this week! Rather than trying to bake and decorate cookies all in one day, I decided to break it up. I have found that it provides MANY days worth of fun for us that way and something to do after nap rather than having him destroy the house with toys all over the place. :) Earlier this week we worked on baking the cookies. Grayson had fun trying to roll out the dough and using cookie cutters. I made a double batch of sugar cookies and he did pretty well "helping" the entire time! His favorite part was when I'd put new flour on the counter and he'd get to "spread" it out. Of course there was a nice pile under his step stool by the time we were done! A couple days later, we decorated just the candy cane cookies. He tried his best to frost the cookies, but would hold the knife straight up rather than putting it on it's side on the cookie to get the frosting on there. I ended up frosting them and putting the stripes on. He then had a blast with the sprinkles! He'd sprinkle a few, then try to eat some off the cookie sheet that the cookies were set on. Today, we decorated the Christmas tree cookies. Once again I ended up doing the frosting as he anxiously waited to get his hands on the sprinkles! He immediately put sprinkles on the cookies and then tried to pick them off and eat them. :) He likes to eat a little bit of broken cookies although he's not interested in eating them if they have frosting! But given the choice of sprinkles or cookie... he'll go for the sprinkles every time! He's not typically one to have a sweet tooth and really only cares for smarties or suckers.... but we can officially add sprinkles to his list of "sweets" that he likes!
No comments:
Post a Comment