Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tot School - Letter M

For "Tot School" we worked on the letter M the last couple weeks.  It was a busy time with Stephanie coming to visit last week and having Will come home this week.  I chose to do the letter M next because a, m, and s are the first three sounds developmentally kids learn to say.  Many of the activities were similar to the letter A, but I found a few new things to do as well and variations to do the same activities.  Grayson still loves to sit and work on his Tot School activities, and his friend Addie is getting better about sitting and working on things for a period of time. :)  I guess Addie loves to show her daddy her artwork that's hanging on the fridge every day he comes home from work... even if it's been hanging up there for the past week and he's seen it numerous times!  Our new neighbor has a little boy that just turned 2 so I think I'll invite them to come over for Tot School too this week.  The more the merrier!
Addison finding shapes









Ryley hanging out!






Addie lacing a letter M mouse picture

Mr. Independent decided he was going to put puff balls on the dotted lines rather than trace them.  There was no convincing him to do anything else!

Erasing M's with a little sponge and some water



Time to play!





Grayson out of nowhere one of the first days we did the letter M informed me he wanted to do "macaroni art".  I have no idea where he came up with this idea since we haven't done it before!  However, it was quit fitting to go with the letter M!


No comments:

Post a Comment