Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Play time in GA

 Grayson and I are adjusting to life here in Georgia, despite having Daddy gone. We spend a lot of our days playing with chalk, coloring at the kitchen table, or going to the gym.  I joined the YMCA here in town so Grayson would have the chance to play with other kids and to give me a much needed break as well.  At times I'll find myself just relaxing in a chair in the ladies locker room and reading a book just to enjoy the "quiet" time without Grayson running circles around me.  He has gotten used to going to the kids area as well.  It was hard for him at first for some reason even though he'd go to the children's area in AZ at the gym or church.  Probably just the change in environments and not having things be familiar, as well as having Daddy leave and maybe worrying that I wasn't going to come back either after dropping him off.  Now he smiles and runs to the toys any time I drop him off at the gym or church and doesn't pitch a fit anymore.  Our Mondays we usually head to the library at some point to get new library books and sometimes an Elmo video for him to watch during the week.  The kid loves his Elmo and Sesame Street! :)  Tuesday afternoons before dinner we go to the park in town to play and get fruit from the farmers market.  Not sure what we'll do when the farmers market closes mid Oct!  It's a great market with lots of produce which I missed having!  Wednesday evenings we have now been joining a new friend, Mel at church for the Weds night service and dinner.  Grayson gets the chance to play with kids in the toddler room while I can have the chance to have "adult time".  Thursday mornings we head to church again for a womens bible study I have joined on the book of Esther.  It's been nice getting together with other ladies without having kids running all around.  Grayson got to go to the "big kids" room last week with 2-4 yr olds.  He was the youngest one in the room, but the ladies said he held his own and you would have never known!  He was chasing after the other boys like he was just their size and having a blast!  I requested that he continues in that room for the remaining Thursdays since he loved it so much and I almost had to drag him out of the room since he had so much fun.  I think it's a better fit for him since he's' in a phase of loving to give hugs.  Only problem is that he'll hug a kid, and not let go!  The poor little ones that are his size or smaller don't know what to do because they usually end up on the floor with him pressing his head into them giving them a big hug before someone can pull him off.  It's hard to get mad at him when he's trying to show love to a kid and has a huge grin on his face, but I'm hoping he'll soon learn how to give quick hugs and let go rather than holding on for dear life!  Friday mornings we meet my new friend Mel at the mall with her girls for the kids to play in the soft play area and then have lunch.  Sadly, Mel got a job which is wonderful for her, but means she starts work in November and I will no longer have our Friday morning play date to look forward to!  However, Will will be home so I won't be craving that face to face time with an adult during the week as much as I do now.  Thankfully we have this month to enjoy getting together on Friday mornings to let the kids play and I'm able to see someone other than Grayson every day. :)  


As you can tell, we've kind of gotten into a routine for our day to day activities here in Georgia.  While it gets lonely at times, it's definitely been a lot better than the first couple weeks after Will left!  Here are some pictures of Grayson playing over the last week or two.  Enjoy!



Going "nigh nigh" in Bailey's bed


"uh oh!"
pointing to the birds in the sky







playing upstairs in his playroom with his friend Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment