Tuesday, October 11, 2011

28 week ultrasound

side profile

I had an ultrasound today since I hadn't had one yet from the doctor since 10 weeks.  They sent me to a clinic in Savannah, rather than getting it done on post, due to the fact that the cleft palate is a genetic trait that seems to run through my family.  This particular clinic looks more closely at abnormalities like that in the ultrasound to see if they can detect anything.  Of course, due to the nature of the cleft palate that runs through my family's side, it was near impossible to tell if there was one.  It was clear that there is not a cleft lip with the little guy and we'll just have to wait till he's born to know if he has the cleft palate at the soft part of the palate like Grayson and I did.  He's a healthy little boy though and was VERY active during the ultrasound!  During ultrasounds with Grayson, I don't remember him moving so much.  It was fun to watch this little guys foot kick on the screen and feel it at the same time.  Now I know exactly what's kicking or punching in certain locations of my belly these days.  During the ultrasound, she could see white fuzz on his head which she said was hair.  Again, I don't remember seeing that with Grayson so we'll see if this kiddo comes out with more hair than his big brother did!  I asked her if he has a big head like Grayson did and she said it wasn't overly large, but when looking at measurements, she said some measurements were measuring more at 29 weeks rather than 27.5 weeks where I'm supposed to be.  Of course due date isn't changed, but maybe Will will get lucky and maybe the baby's due date is a week off and he'll actually come before the new year!  Will of course being ornery like he can be, keeps asking if I'll talk to the doctor about inducing me on Dec. 30th.  I told him if he's giving birth to this kid, then he can go right ahead and ask to be induced or have a scheduled c-section.  But as long as I'm the one going through the pain again this time... he doesn't get to ask for any ridiculous request like that from the doctor just for taxes! :)  I scanned some pictures from the ultrasound and some are duplicates with annotations I wrote on there so Will, or anyone else, could tell what they're looking at.  My sister has also been bugging me for a picture of myself so my nieces can see how big my belly is so I put one in just for them!  I can't wait to meet this little guy in less than 3 months!  Can't believe time has gone by that quickly and he'll be here before we know it!  


front of face




side profile 2

his little foot

28 weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment