The other day Grayson found 3 of his 4 blankets around the house. He tends to leave them numerous places and saw one in the dirty clothes basket so he had to pull that one out too. While carrying them all around he kept looking up at me and saying "nine" which is his way of saying "mine". The kiddo doesn't call his blankets "blankie" or anything of the sorts. He knows exactly what I'm talking about when I ask him to go get his blanket for nap or something, but I think he has officially nicknamed his blankets "nine". On this day when he was carrying them all around I asked if he was going to share his blankets with his baby brother and he promptly said "no.... nine!" I think we may have a problem! Grandma or mommy may need to get to the fabric store and make a couple more for baby brother to be on the safe side!
We also headed to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Definitely found a downfall to GA. The fact that pumpkins don't grow great here so finding a pumpkin patch is near impossible. :( I managed to find the only one in the area that said they harvest their own pumpkins. Guess I had higher expectations that we'd get there and find a pumpkin patch like you would in WA or the midwest. Instead it was dirt mounds with small pumpkins on top. They didn't have any big pumpkins which was ok since we were there to find Grayson his own little pumpkin. There was supposed to be a "festival" too so they had inflatable jump things there, but not anything like you'd find at a fall festival in WA with haystacks, tractors, and pumpkins all around. The pumpkins you see in this picture were all there were. Needless to say, I was disappointed, but saw online there's a fall festival that begins this next week through November. There's supposed to be duck races, hayrides, and everything so we'll have to make a trip to that farm and check it out when Daddy gets home! We did manage to find a small pumpkin that wasn't rotting in a spot, lopsided, or have warts all over it so we snatched it up quickly! Grayson liked trying to pick it up, but struggled a big since it was just a little too big yet for him to pick up on his own.
I tried to get him to sit with his pumpkin we found for a picture of him holding it. However, he thought it would be more fun to be his silly self and started licking the pumpkin instead. He's definitely harder to get pictures of these days since he doesn't stay stationary and just smile at me like he used to do when he was still a baby. :) Good thing my camera is pretty quick at taking pictures so I manage to still get some pictures of his adorable smile at times before he looks or runs away!
Yesterday we pulled out the permanent markers for him to decorate his pumpkin with. I was hesitant to pull out sharpie's, but he actually did really well and stayed at his spot with a rag towel laid down and didn't try to color anything else! He only got a little marker on his fingers from trying to put the lids back on the each marker after he'd color with it.
For some reason, after EVERY color he'd use for a quick scribble somewhere on the pumpkin, he'd stop and clap for himself and say "yay!" This went on for about 5 minutes probably. :)
I found some face stickers at Target for him to put on his pumpkin. We picked the Frankenstein face. Of course getting him to put the stickers on and leave them there was more of the challenge! He kept wanting to take them off and move them.
Once the stickers were on, he decided he needed a little more marker now on the stickers and kept pointing to the different parts and telling me what they were. In this picture he's telling me "no" for the nose.
Mommy quickly got the pumpkin out to the front porch when he seemed to be done decorating and once again just wanting to take the stickers off. After many attempts and trying to get him to look up at me and smile with his pumpkin... I gave up! He was more interested in just staring at me or checking out his pumpkin.
Despite Mommy's disappointment in the pumpkin patch, Grayson seemed to have a good time and of course a pumpkin is a pumpkin and he had fun coloring it! I'll have to pick up a big one to carve with him sometime at the store, but still debating on that. Daddy thinks Grayson needs to carve a pumpkin too this year, but Mommy just sees the headache of trying to carve one on her own without Daddy home to help "tag team" and keep the mess of carving in one spot. I'm sure I'll end up getting one and carving it with him, but for now his little pumpkin is just fine! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment