
Soooo Grayson's birthday is just around the corner. Can my little man already be one?! :( I'm starting to think about what kind of cake I'm going to make him for his birthday and I really want to do this train cake, but when I look at the ingredients it seems a little daunting. Should I stick to making cute ducky cupcakes or something out of my new cupcake recipe book, or should I go for the train?? If I do the train, any suggestions on how to make it a little less daunting? There's a lot of little things to put on it which means buying whole packages of things and only using a handful of it. Any ideas???
If you're interested, we have a 'birthday cake book' I could copy for you. It was a give-away from Swans Down Coconut company. All the cake are animal shapes. The lovely thing is that all are made with a simple standard 9x13 pan or layer cake pans - you cut it in pieces, arrange and frost them. Might add a little candy or trim, but most are not elaborate. I've made most of these - the kids would look forward to their birthdays by picking out the animal of the year. If you're interested, I'll copy a few pages as samples for you. (And my best advice, in hindsight - it doesn't HAVE to be someone's birthday to make cake! Any day can be a special occasion.) Love, Aunt Anita
ReplyDeleteSure! :) Steph told me of another train cake she used with the boys for their 2nd birthday so I think I may take a look at that one and see what they say. But I'd love to see what your cookbook has for ideas!
ReplyDelete