Well I managed to get Grayson's birthday cake made without too much hassle! I did end up making two batches of cakes since the first batch all the bottoms came off in chunks. The next morning I made a new batch from scratch rather than trying to used boxed mix again. Those turned out much better! I let them freeze for a couple days and decorated them this morning for his little party. I debated on which train part to give him and planned to do the engine, but I used Ding Dongs for the engine front and figured he didn't need all that chocolate so I gave him the back train car with his "1" candle. The green "blobs" were leftover cupcakes and frosting that I made into bushes.
The smokestack is mini cupcake tops layered on top of each other and then marshmallows for the smoke.
The middle car is topped with Jelly Bellies... mommy's favorite candy :)
Then there's Grayson's "coal" car with crumbled up oreos.
More pictures to come later!!! :)

Cake turned out great! Looks yummy too!! :)
ReplyDeleteHis cake is more creative than Katelyn's! Very cute.
ReplyDelete