Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas Day 2012

 On Christmas, the boys and I joined my parents and sister Laura for a Christmas Eve service.  When we got home that evening, Grayson found that Santa had came!  Grayson first noticed his cousins Angry Birds slippers and it took me a minute to get him to come over to his stocking.  I guess Santa didn't realize what a hit slippers would be and didn't bring any for Grayson! ;)  The boys went through their stockings that night before bed and Grayson was thrilled at getting a new Pez dispenser.  Ryley seemed to be the most enthralled with the glue sticks in brothers stocking and held on tight to them!








 Our attempts at a picture of the boys in front of the Christmas tree...




 Ryley found his cousin Reese's lemon from Santa.  Reese loves to eat lemons and Ryley thought he'd try it out too.  The first couple bits at it wasn't much, but then he must have gotten deep enough to get a taste.  He wasn't too sure of it at that point and left it alone after that. :)


 Christmas morning, the boys slept till their normal time at least.  Since Grayson and Ryley are still little, they didn't quite know what to expect so I was able to hold off on them opening any presents till later in the morning.  Grayson was excited about his Uno game.  That was his first introduction to a real sit down game where you have to take turns.  Now he is a game addict!  Any type of game.... card game, board game, etc.... if he can find someone to play with him, that's all he wants to do!  Mommy told family that games might be a good present for Christmas/birthday this year.  I guess she was right!  Now the question becomes, what is she going to do after Grandma and Grandpa Sand leave GA at the end of January and she's the only person for him to play games with!  We better have lots of friends come over to play games with him otherwise this Mommy will be so sick of games by the time Daddy gets home! 










Grayson has never been one to like hats too much.  Ryley lately LOVES when you put hats on him!  We'll see if this is just a phase, but mommy would be happy if she could at least get one of her boys to wear hats in this GA sun!


 Grayson's cousins, Tyler and Reese, got remote control giant spider things.  Grayson thought they were pretty cool, only if he could sit on Aunt Stephy's lap though and not have one of the boys leading the bug right toward his feet. 





 Grayson got his mommy's love for jelly beans!  I got a bag of Jelly Bellies in a present.  I told Grayson I would open them later.  Next thing I knew, he found a way to open the bag and was munching away at them.







Grayson got a truck from his cousin for Christmas.  It comes with a drill to be able to put together the truck and take it apart.  He worked with Grandpa and Addie at putting it together on Christmas.







The onlooker...



We got to Skype with Will on Christmas and spend the day with family.  While it was hard to be away from Will on Christmas, it was wonderful to be able to spend it with family!

Below is a video of Grayson telling the Christmas Story.  He had been telling bits and pieces of it the last week or so at random and did really well at retelling it.  However, when I finally had a chance to record him saying it, he got all silly.  I bet you didn't know Mickey Mouse was there at the stable when Baby Jesus was born!


No comments:

Post a Comment