Monday, July 9, 2012

Tot School Letter S... and some more fun summer fun!

The hot summer heat has definitely hit Georgia!  I know a lot of you are experiencing temperatures close to 100 as well.  With this humidity in GA, it raises the heat index up to 115 or higher most days so we find ourselves doing a lot of things first thing in the morning or finding things indoors!  We went to the Children's Museum again and thankfully in the morning it's pretty well shaded.  It's interesting to watch Grayson and see how some of the "exhibits" he had no interest in the first time were now his favorite ones the second time. He loved the water table this time and sending seashells down the little stream.  He and Addie spent a lot of time drawing with chalk this time, as well as standing in the mist and reading books in the shade. :)  The museum is open 9-2, but the last couple weeks it has been closing by noon because of the heat index rising into the danger zone.  On this particular day it hadn't quite reached it yet, but we definitely got a later start than anticipated due to traffic on the way there.  I have determined that if I can't get to the museum by 9:30 at the latest during the summer, then we won't be going since it just gets so darn hot outside by noon.  
















We're still working on trying to get Ryley to start eating solids.  He still gags and spits out the food every time I try to give it to him on a spoon.  I then decided to try giving him chunks of avocado to grab and maybe chew on himself.  He'd grab at it, but when he put it up to his mouth he did the same head jerk and gave me a look like "what the heck?!"  At his 6 month check up the doctor told me he needs to be eating 4-6 tablespoons of fruits and veggies a day.  I can barely get a teaspoon down him since he refuses to swallow it when it goes in his mouth.  While the doctor may be insistent on it, I'm not worried too much about it yet since he's a healthy little guy that seems to be getting plenty to eat from me!




Will had a hankering to make chocolate chip cookies one night after dinner so Grayson helped him out.  Daddy had to keep an eye on him though or else he may have cracked all the eggs in the carton!  





You'd think that the flour spilled on the floor was from Grayson, however that was all from Daddy!  He accidentally hit the canister with his elbow and it went flying to the floor.  Grayson learned right away that he could make footprints across the kitchen by stepping it in.  Then he tried to help sweep it up.  What a good little helper I have!  Of course it turned out that the cookies still needed a couple cups of flour so I took Grayson next door to ask the neighbors, but of course they didn't have any either.  I ended up running to the store to get some so Grayson could finish his cookies with Daddy and have one before bed.






We did a little Tot School the week before the 4th and worked on the Letter S. A new friend came with her 18 mth old, along with Addie and Gracie.  We had a full house with the kiddos and mommies!  







Ryley is chewing more and more on whatever he can get his hands on.... except food of course!  I keep checking to see when those little teeth will start popping out, but haven't seen any signs of them yet.  I think we may need to watch out once he's mobile about putting things in his mouth.  Grayson we never had to worry about because he never even chewed on his chew toys, but Ryley will be a different story I think.




I'm a little behind on pictures so next up will be pictures from the 4th of July things we did.  Hope to have those up in the next day or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment