Thursday, May 3, 2012

Forsyth Park


On Saturday we had decided to go to downtown Savannah because there's a farmers market at Forsyth Park.  Once we got there we were in for a surprise! Of course I usually bring the camera everywhere... but chose not to this day!  Bad mistake!  The park was full of people because SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design) was having a sidewalk art show.  Students and Alumni were given a sidewalk block and chalk to do their own drawing.  It went through the entire park and there were judges for later in the day to pick winners.  Along with the sidewalks lined with artists starting their "masterpieces" there were also food vendors and a children's area set up.  They had some games and art projects for kids to do.  When they finished they got some sidewalk chalk and a clown nose... which is what you saw Grayson wearing in the previous post. :)  We stayed for a bit, but by the time we left after lunch people were still hard at work on their artwork and none were finished.  We talked about coming back the next day to see all the finished products.  We hadn't though so I went back on Monday with the camera to take some pictures of some of the ones we saw being drawn.  Sadly, most of them were washed away! :(  It hadn't rained, but it looked like they were purposefully washed off the long walkway with a hose and then the sprinkler system took care of the rest on the smaller walkways.  The only place untouched by water was the small stretch of sidewalk between the two playgrounds.  I took a few pictures of the ones that were still intact.  It amazes me how talented people are!  There's no way in a million years I'd be able to create something like these with just some chalk!  








After the boys and I walked around, Grayson wanted to play in the fountain and of course I hadn't thought about bringing some dry clothes for him!  By the time he played on the playground though and we ate some lunch he was almost dry for the drive home! :)











Sunday, we went over to Verizon since Will was up for a new phone.  After his time in the field the last two weeks, he found many more opportunities he could use an iPhone so as his birthday present he got himself one.  Of course I like to "steal" it and use the camera on it!  Now I won't have to worry about not bringing my camera like I did on Saturday because his new phone has such a good camera on it as well and I can still get pictures in those times I forget one! :)  Here's some pictures I took as I was playing around with his phone.  


Watching a movie on the iPad while waiting for surgery 

Will's a Cochise College grad!  His course in Tucson got him enough credits to get his AA from Cochise and his diploma just came in the mail. :)

I'm so happy to be in a town with a wonderful farmers market!  I missed our markets in Tacoma, WA while in AZ.  I love all the variety of produce we can get at the one here in town!

My little hippo after bath time tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment