Thursday, May 3, 2012

Just Having Fun

Well, looks like summer is on it's way.... or already here for us in GA!  The weather continues to stay warm and now that we're used to the heat our week of 70 degrees almost seemed a little chilly!  I can't believe I have become one of "those" people that I used to chuckle at when they'd say it was cold at 60 degrees when 60 in the NW seems like shorts weather!  We found Grayson a new pool for the backyard since the one we had from AZ had numerous leaks we found when filling it up a month ago while my sister was here.  It fits well on the cement at the bottom of the back steps and we're just covering it with a tarp at night so we don't have to keep filling it up.  Hopefully it lasts us through the summer since it's a blow up one!  Grayson loves to get in it though and cool off :)






Grayson had his outpatient surgery on Tuesday to get tubes placed.  All went as planned and it only took about 10 minutes for the surgeon to do.  The most frustrating part was having to be there at 5:30 when the surgery didn't happen till 7:30!  Ended up waiting in a small little room for over an hr, but thankfully the iPad seems to keep Grayson entertained and he did well waiting there.  Will took the day off as well which was wonderful.  I don't know how I would have managed both the boys on my own there for that long!  Grayson did NOT like going with the nurse back to the O.R. room and fought her the whole way.  I'd definitely say that's the hardest part being a parent is hearing/watching your child scream and cry for you because they don't understand what's going on.  :(  He was ready to get out of that hospital though and was back to his normal silly self within an hour or two after surgery!  The surgeon said that the one ear that the previous tube had fallen out a couple months ago was already filled with gunk and it's looking like he'll need tubes for the next few years.  Not something I wanted to hear, but at least we've been through it and it's a simple procedure!  After surgery we stopped to grab a couple things while we were up in Savannah and Grayson saw a bird house that he could paint.  The kid loves to paint so we got that for him and he spent a good 30 minutes painting every inch of that bird house when we got home! :)  


 He had gotten a clown nose at the park last Saturday and insisted on wearing it while he painted. :)


 Ryley had his turn with the nose too.... wasn't too sure what to think!










The boys coughs are getting better thankfully, but Grayson is still fighting a runny nose.  I'm wondering if I should get him back in to the doctor to talk about possible allergies and seeing if allergy medication might help!  Still waiting for Ryley to figure out how to roll over, but he's doing better at tummy time and playing on the floor mat.  I'm sure it'll be any day now that he figures out how to start rolling!

No comments:

Post a Comment