Monday, April 30, 2012

While Daddy's Away....

Will is back from his 2 weeks out in the field!  Yay!  Here are some pictures though from the last couple weeks of the boys hanging out around the house.  One thing I learned while Will was away was that bedtime takes TWICE as long... maybe even three times longer!... when I'm doing it on my own!  It will sure be nice once Grayson gets a little older and can change into his pajamas by himself!  I'm not looking forward to the next month while Will is as JRTC and I don't get even those few hr breaks with him home every 4 days or so.  It may be a LONG month!  Visitors are highly encouraged to come during that time! ;)


I found it easier to take Ryley down in the laundry basket in the morning rather than making two trips!  He thought it was pretty fun as well! :)


Grayson was always happy to see Daddy when he'd be home for a few hours from the field.  On this day they had fun blowing bubbles on the back porch in the morning. 



We have a mole problem!  Found one dead on the lawn, but still finding tunnels every morning.  Any advice???

One evening I ran downstairs to grab something before changing Grayson into his PJ's.  When I came up... this is what I found!   




Grayson found his way into Ryley's crib with him and was having a grand ol' time!  Ryley didn't seem to mind... most of the time. :)  Now Grayson's favorite thing to do is play with Ryley in his crib.


We haven't seen our friends, Mel and her girls (Harley and Shelby), in a LONG time!  They finally came over the last night Daddy was gone for dinner and some play time.  Of course Mel had to get her baby fix and get lots of smiles from Ryley.  



Will came home and on Friday I got both the boys in to the doctor for a persistent cold that Grayson can't seem to get rid of.  Then Ryley started coughing and was congested as well.  Turns out Ryley had a double ear infection as well as Grayson is starting to get one in the ear that one of the tubes fell out of.  Now our counter looks like a pharmacy with saline drops, antibiotics, cough medicine, etc. for both the boys.  For two sick boys, they both have been very happy and sleeping well!  I'm definitely blessed with boys that don't let sickness get them down!  Tomorrow morning Grayson is scheduled to get new tubes put in so hopefully all goes as planned!  The doctor office said his cold shouldn't interfere with surgery unless he's running a fever.  So we'll be at the hospital bright and early at 5:30am tomorrow!  I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment