Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Playtime and Home Projects

Grayson loves to "play" with Ryley!  However, I have to constantly remind him that he can't lay on top of him. :)  He likes to grab Ryley and try to pick him up or give him big hugs.  Ryley does great most of the time and doesn't seem to mind Grayson being in his face.  I've started noticing too that Ryley doesn't like to be left alone.  He'll get fussy when I step out of eye shot of him, but when Grayson goes to him, he settles down and is happy again.  








We got busy this weekend working on things around the house and outside.  Spring is definitely in the air.... guess it never left GA since it's been warm all winter! :)  We decided to take the rainy day we had Saturday to head to Lowes and get things to start a garden in the backyard, flowers for some of my pots, and paint for the playroom.  We spent Saturday painting since it rained non stop that day.  Then Sunday it cleared up and we spent the afternoon outside working on the raised garden bed and potting flowers.  Grayson of course wanted to help with everything.  







The playroom is underway!  It's no longer yellow and pink! :)  We painted it all a light blue with two sections of black chalkboard paint.  I finished painting grass along the bottom of all the blue sections today.  Tomorrow I'll begin working on painting clouds on the slanted ceiling.  Next will be finding glow in the dark stars to put on the slanted ceiling of the black nook area.  Grayson and Daddy like to lay on their backs in that area when playing in the playroom so we want to paint a moon and find stars to put up there for them to look at together.  I'll also take white paint and put an alphabet border on the large chalkboard wall near the doors to the boys rooms.  I really want to find the courage to paint a tree in the tall corner of the playroom with branches and leaves extending onto each wall and ceiling so it's like you're standing under the tree in that corner.  I'm not an artist though and it would probably turn out weird!  We'll see!  I'll be heading to Michaels this week to look for stencils or stamps I can use for bugs to make it easier.  If I can't find any, then I may attempt some easy ones like ladybugs and bees free hand!  I'm hoping to get most of the playroom done before we have lots of visitors coming at the end of March through beginning of April.  They better watch out though... painting the playroom got me brainstorming other rooms and I may put them to work helping me paint during nap time! :)  


No comments:

Post a Comment