Saturday, January 7, 2012

Aunt Laura and Addie Visit

My sister, Laura, and her daughter, Addie, came to visit for a week after Christmas.  They got here on the 27th from Ohio and stayed until the 1st.  Of course their visit seemed too short to me since we ended up having Ryley while they were here so I felt like I only got to spend the first couple days with them and then I was either preoccupied with contractions or in the hospital for the rest.  :(  In the first couple days they were here however, we did manage to have some fun around town.  We found our new favorite ice cream shop with them, and had fun playing at the park.  



Addie reading "Tickle Monster" with Uncle Will
 The winter here in Savannah, feels more like fall to me.  It had a crisp fall breeze part of the time they were visiting and finally trees are starting to loose more leaves.  This meant lots of leaves to play in at the park!  First though, Grayson had to do his favorite thing with Addie and feed the ducks. :)  





Afterwards, as we headed back to the playground the kids found the big piles of leaves and played in those for a long time.  Grayson found it lots of fun to play with Addie and would try to do everything she was doing. He loved trying to throw them high in the air like her and would fall down into the leaves when she did.  Eventually, he found a bench and had fun putting one leaf at a time through a crack in the bench.  He also had fun tackling Aunt Laura.  I guess this was just the first of multiple trips to the park for them since Laura had the kids on her own part of Friday and all of Saturday.  They ended up going to the park each day and having lots of fun again with the leaves.  In fact, when Will and I took Gray to the park this week, the first thing he said when we got there was "Addie??  Where she go??"  Too bad they don't live closer for us to see them more often!  At least we're within driving distance now!















One of the last evenings that I spent with them, Addie, Grayson and Will had a tea party.  Addie had brought her new tea set mat that she got for Christmas and Grayson had fun pretending to drink and giving Daddy a drink.  




Later on, Grayson showed us his dance moves and then Grayson gave Daddy a horsey ride while Addie rode on Will. :)


It was wonderful to have my sister and niece here for the week, I just wish I could have spent more of it with them!  It was great timing for her to meet little Ryley though before she had to leave.  Grayson loved playing with his cousin as well and still talks about her when we do something that he had done with Addie last week.  Hopefully we get to see them again soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment